Openings in Tracks 2017-2018
Attention parents of 4- and 5-year olds. Join us for a free parents' night discussion!
- Would you like to give your child the gift of another year of play before he or she begins kindergarten?
- Are you having second thoughts about sending your almost five-year-old to kindergarten in the fall?
- Does your child's current nursery school utilize traditional academic activities in place of playful learning that research shows actually leads to higher future academic success?
The Takoma Park Cooperative Nursery School is excited to invite parents of children turning 4 and 5 to a free informative evening discussion about the social and academic benefits of a play-based prekindergarten experience.
Join us on Wednesday, May 17 at 7:30pm to learn how play-based prekindergarten prepares your child for lifelong learning! Hear about what our school can offer your child and your family!
We have openings in our prekindergarten program (4/5's class) for:
- families who want to extend nursery school for a year before starting kindergarten
- families who want to join a school for the prekindergarten year
- families who want to switch nursery schools for a different kind of program
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is your child's year to grow roots and take flight.
Takoma Park Cooperative Nursery School has openings in its prekindergarten class (children ages 4 and 5) for the 2017-2018 school year. The Cooperative School's prekindergarten (Tracks) class meets weekday afternoons, Monday through Friday from noon to 3:00. The program is play-based, arts-infused, and nature-inspired.
Most parents work in the classroom on a weekly basis. Our pre-kindergarten curriculum emphasizes play-filled exploration of math, social studies, literacy, and science through visual art, music, physical arts, and social-dramatic play. The curriculum is delivered using the project approach, supported by the teachings of Lilian Katz and Loris Malaguzzi. The program includes Handwriting Without Tears, lots of outdoor play, and field trips. It is our goal to nurture confidence, connection to self and others, and thinking skills.
The Cooperative School is built on the parent-participatory model and has welcomed and educated families from the Washington Metropolitan area for almost 75 years.
Please send a message to the admissions team, email@example.com, to learn about our parent-participatory model and its two primary benefits: excellent education for parents as well as children and a vibrant community of dedicated, involved families.
We look forward to sharing more about this very special program with you.